Road Trips and Single Mom Tips!
Join us as we embark on a road trip to all fifty states. We will minimize costs by avoiding cheap motels and sleeping in our van camper. Laugh with us while we attempt to do this while traveling with one Australian Cattle Dog and four pet rats.
I always planned on taking my son on a road trip to every state in America. Finances dictated that this would happen, "someday." But someday never came. I got laid off of my teaching job, and we found ourselves facing living with relatives or becoming homeless.
Well, when life hands you lemons, go on a road trip, I always say. I decided rather than rejoin the rat race, I would figure out how to travel and work on the road, while showing my son this beautiful country of ours.
Topics to be explored are safety, security, planning, food, shelter, activities, and more. How will we stay safe, sleeping in a van in random unknown places? How will we stay warm? What if someone tries to break in? How will we cook and eat? Where do we take a shower? How do we keep our pets safe and comfortable? Inquiring minds want to know.
Learn with us as we make money while we travel. This website is one answer and other ways to make money will reveal themselves. I will share with you how we make money on the road and how you can too.
As we explore each U.S. state, I will share with you what attractions we visit and how we manage to sleep and eat as cheaply as possible while having as much fun as possible.
This is our website on how we make this happen. I hope you enjoy following along, and perhaps get some inspiration on following your own travel dreams.
- Road Trip Blog
- The Road Trip Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Singlemomonaroadtrip.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Cheap Road Trips: Blasts From the Past
- .Cheap Road Trips that have been tested and proven to be enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
- Road Trip Safety First
- Road Trip Safety will make your trip relaxing and enjoyable. Click here for tips on being prepared for any situation.
- Planning a Road Trip
- Planning a road trip is half the fun! Here are four of the most important things to ensure a successful road trip.
- Road Trip Movie, What's Your Favorite?
- What is your favorite road trip movie? Read a discussion on which road trip movies are the best. Share your own and discuss it with others.
- Road Trip Planning for Weird Attractions
- Road trip planning should include weird roadside attractions. Read about the weirdest, funnest roadside attractions others have found and then contribute your own!
- Road Trip Quotes
- Here are my lovingly picked road trip quotes.
- Road Trip Food
- Learn how to maximize health and pleasure by eating whatever local road trip food you desire and eating healthy the rest of the time.
- California Road Trips
- California road trips are where you can experience oceans, mountains, and deserts all in the same state.
- A car trip is better than plane or ship
- A car trip is better than traveling by plane or ship. Here are the reasons why.
- Road Trip Gas Saving Tips
- Road trip gas saving tips, which ones are facts and which are fallacy? Are road trips really the cheapest way to travel?
- Traveling With Pets Can Be Safe and Comfortable
- Traveling with pets because you have no one to pet sit? Traveling with pets can be safe, fun, and comfortable.
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Contribute to Road Trip
- Would you like to share your knowledge about road trip? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.